The weekend is here. And so is another Five Links Friday link. Enjoy!
1. Having trouble getting those words out? Here’s a post by Holly Riley at Media Shower with 3 Unconventional Ways to Kick Writer’s Block to the Curb.
2. Here are 21 Quotations for Novelists from Writers Unplugged that should help get you inspired to keep writing this weekend.
3. Did you know it’s Women in Horror month? Mark West put together a huge list of short horror stories by women. Some you’ve heard of, a lot you haven’t. Check ’em out.
4. Here’s a useful post by Angela Ackerman at Romance University for all of us who struggle with setting: How To Vividly Describe a Setting That You’ve Never Visited.
5. Finally, here is Kathy Steinemann with some tips on How to Avoid Repetition of “I” in First-Person Writing This is good advice for people who have trouble overusing “he” or “she” in third-person as well.
That does it for the week. Three day weekend for me! If you are in Nebraska this weekend, there’s so good writing-related things going on in Seward at Red Path Gallery & Tasting Room and Chapters Books & Gifts. I’m planning to attend both, so hope to see you there!
Got any writing-related links to share? Leave a comment and let us know!