Time again for Five Links Friday! Hope your week was as productive as mine. Here are some links for ya.
1. Ever wonder how a literary agency sells its authors? Here is a post by Andrew Lownie at Publishing Talk to tell you how: How does a literary agency sell its authors?
2. NaNoWriMo is just over half-way done. Here are The Half-Way Point with the Tips, Tricks, Tools, and Resources to Finish from Writers in the Grove.
3. Here’s a great post by Chuck Sambuchino at First Novels Club showing What to Write in the “Bio” Section of Your Query Letter. He also lists what not to write. It’s a few years old, but still 100% relevant. Read it and take it to heart.
4. Are you gratuitously thesaurusing? Annalisa Parent at Date with the Muse argues that you should stop it now.
5. Some writers might tell you it doesn’t matter, but if you’re sending out queries, it damn sure does. Roz Morris has a post on Anne R. Allen’s blog helping you answer the question What Genre is Your Novel? And is it YA, MG, New Adult or Adult?
That’s it for now. Best of luck to the NaNoWriMo folks out there. Keep writing and enjoy to the weekend.