Hey, it’s Friday! And for a lot of us in the U.S. it’s also an extended weekend. So enjoy the time off, get some stuff done, and read these 5 links when you can.
1. Do you ever feel like it’s impossible to find balance between your writing and you day job, family and everything else that interferes with your writing? I sure do. Every second of every day. Here is a post by Kirsty Stuart at Freelance Writers Online with some tips on How to Juggle Freelance Writing Work With…a day job/the school run/writing a book/having a life (delete where applicable).
2. Having trouble writing an effective scene? Here is a post by Jordan Rosenfeld and Martha Alderson at Jane Friedman’s site giving us The Fundamentals of Writing a Scene.
3. I think an important part of story pacing is making sure the events of your story are told in the correct order. Karen Krumpak has a post at Writer’s Digest on Telling Your Story in the Right Order that is worth a look.
4. I’ve been on the author side of an author event, but never on the planning side. Still, it’s important to know what goes in to planning one of the events. Here some tips on Creating a Multi-Author Event by Brandi Megan Granett at Writers in the Storm.
5. Finally, here’s a piece on Writing in Third Person Omniscient vs Third Person Limited by Ricardo Fayet at Reedsy.com.
And that closes out another week. I hope you’re having a great weekend so far. See ya soon!
Have any links you read this we you’d like to share? Post ’em in the comments section!