And now it’s our turn in the midwest for great snow Armageddon of 2016. But first, it’ll be an awesome weekend of 50 degrees, so who knows what will really happen. As long as the markets bounce back, I’m happy.
Anyhow, onto the links!
1. Querying is one of the most difficult parts of writing. Perhaps second only to marketing and promoting. But for those of you ready to query, be sure to check Theme and Query Variations by D. Lee Jackson for some thoughts on the topic.
2. And since I mentioned marketing and promoting, here are 4 Harsh Truths & A Spiral Plan That Will Help You Sell More Books courtesy of Laurence O’Bryan at Services4Authors.com.
3. And for those of you who don’t want to mess around with the querying process at all, give some serious thought to self publishing. And if you want to make sure you don’t publish a terrible book. How To Publish A Terrible Book by Derek Haines tells you what to look out for.
4. Molly Greene takes an interesting look at some 2016 Publishing Predictions.
5. And finally, if you want to take some chances with your writing this year, check out this List of Creative Writing Competitions in 2016 from DystopianStories.com.
And that is all. Have a terrific weekend and check back next week!