So, yeah, we’re buried in sleet at the time of this writing. Hope the weekend gets a little better. For now, however, here are the 5 best writing(ish) articles I read this week. Take a look and stay indoors for the next couple of days!
1. Derek Haines takes a good look at something that should annoy every new writer out there trying to make a go of this, and that is paid Amazon Reviews. Read it here: Paid Amazon Book Reviews – The Scourge Returns
2. Drew Chial has some nice tricks to help tackle a problem most of us have, which is balancing our writing with our day jobs: How Writers can Trick Themselves into Working After Work
3. And since it’s still a new year and you need to keep motivated, here are 16 Quotes to Inspire Your Writing in 2016 by Amber Lea Starfire at Writing Through Life.
4. I’m really against the idea of crowdfunding in fiction, as I feel that your writing should speak for itself and your hard work will eventually pay off. But nobody ever said other points of view aren’t welcome on my blog. Here is a great article by Justine Schofield at Just Publishing Advice with some points on why you should consider crowdfunding: There’s no doubt about the benefits of crowdfunding for authors.
5. Finally, just for fun,check out The Ultimate Guide to All the Science Fiction and Fantasy TV Shows Coming in 2016 over at Gizmodo.com. This list is HUGE and shows that science fiction and fantasy are more popular than they’ve ever been.
And that’s it for the week. If you haven’t already, be sure to check out the first episode of the Write Good Books Podcast if you have fifteen minutes to kill over the weekend 🙂