Yikes. It’s already Friday and as you can tell, I took a week off from the blog. But that’s okay; we all need to take a little break sometimes. Anyhow, I’m back now with five articles for you to read over the weekend.
1. From Victoria Griffin’s blog, here are 5 Stages of Revision: A Writer’s Guide to Grief. I’d say this is exactly what I’m going through as I work through the first revision of my current WIP.
2. Here’s an interesting post from Rebecca Faith on on voice. Your “voice” as a writer is perhaps your most important asset; it’s what differentiates you from everyone else.
3. From LitHub, here’s an Interview with a Gatekeeper, featuring Grove Atlantic’s Elisabeth Schmitz. Great, informative read.
4. She’s Novel has 7 Habits of Highly Successful Authors, which is something we should all read and emulate.
5. Finally, as query time approaches, be sure to read How to Write the Perfect Query Letter by Brian A. Klems at Writer’s Digest.
So that’ll do it for this week. I’ve got a super busy weekend, but I should be back on the blog next week with a couple of posts and a new episode of the podcast. Have a great weekend, stay safe, and don’t let daylight savings time get the best of ya!