Here are five writing related links to check out over the weekend.
1. What You Write About Doesn’t Matter as Much as You Think by Jeff Goins takes a very interesting side of an argument I didn’t every know existed. What is more important: Your topic or your style?
2. Derek Haines brings up another point you might be overlooking, especially if self-publishing, and that is to be sure you Research Your Book Title Before Publishing. Make sure there aren’t already hundreds of books with a similar title.
3. Traci Borum has an article at Writer’s Digest asking a question I’ve asked myself a surprisingly high number of times: To Text or Not to Text: How Much Should Technology Show Up in Fiction? When is it more appropriate for your characters to text, IM, or call? Or when it is more effective to interact in person?
4. Changing pace from writing fiction to platform building, here is an article from Jayson DeMers at Forbes looking at how to better use social media while making sure you avoid The 10 Biggest Social Media Time Wasters.
5. Finally, here’s an article from Roy H. Williams looking not so much at writing, but at living a successful life, which for a lot of us is why we write in the first place: Your Seat in the Stadium of Life.
It looks like the weather is finally shaping up, so enjoy the weekend if you can.