Here are the best articles I read about writing this week.
1. Let’s start with a post by Kimberly Vanderhorst at WriterPitch. Your first page is usually your most important one, so check out her advice on making it better: Five Keys to a Quality First Page, and Five Warning Signs of Mediocre Ones
2. A guest post at Writer’s Digest by Linda Lafferty looks at another important topic, Finding Time to Write. Well worth a read.
3. Here is author Shelli Johnson’s favorite writing advice: Failing on the Page. Great post.
4. Bang2Write gives us 11 Expositional Clichés That Will Kill Your Story. Some of them might seem hard to avoid, but it’s great advice that all new writers should read.
5. Here are some tips on Book Marketing Tips For Self Published Authors from Derek Haines. I’d say the same goes for independent publishers as well.
That’s it for the week. If you’re attending the Nebraska Writers Guild Spring Writers’ Conference this weekend, I’ll be there too, so be sure to find me and say hi. Have a great weekend!