1. I am so bad at descriptions sometimes, and like a lot of similar writers, occasionally compensate by using too much dialogue. Sarah Baughman at Write It Sideways has some good pointers on How To Balance Dialogue and Description.
2. More and more grups are reading YA fiction these days. But for those of you who aren’t, here are some Summer Reading Recommendations: a Dive Into Young Adult Fiction by Elena Aguilar at Edutopia.
3. I’m working out some plot points of my next novel. And it’s not the easiest thing to do by any stretch of the imagination. Fortunately, K.M. Weiland has some great advice in her post, How to Write the Perfect Plot (in 2 Easy Steps), at her blog.
4. And then there’s this: Period. Full Stop. Point. Whatever It’s Called, It’s Going Out of Style. I’m speechless. And moderately depressed.
5. But let’s end on a positive note, with 6 Ways to Make Time to Write: A Guide for Busy Parents by Ali Luke at The Write Life for all us writing parents out there.
So let’s all gather together in support of punctuation and have a great summer weekend! I’ll be seeing one of my favorite bands tonight, so it’s happy time for me 🙂