1. Rachel Thompson has a great post on her blog: How Social Comparison Makes Facebook Suck. I’m with her. When you start posting politics I unfollow you, and sometimes unfriend. I’m sick of the insults and the bickering.
2. From TheMuse.com, here are The 12 Morning Rituals That Help to Kick Off Successful Days. Great for writers and non-writers alike.
3. An older post from Lexi Revellian gives us eight Tired Tropes in fiction. I’ve seen most of these in my Theme of Absence submissions, as well as in my own fiction. It’s always good to watch out for the tropes.
4. Here’s another older post that worth a revisit. Derek Haines at JustPublishing asks How Do You Measure Your Success As A Writer?
5. Finally, for the scripts-writers out there, Angela Bourassa gives us a quick summary of Lee Jessup’s 5 Steps Toward Your Big Break. This is good for regular writers as well.
Have a great weekend, write lots, and wish me luck with my editing 🙂