Wow, Aren’t I lame? It’s been a week since my last post, which was a Friday. The good news, however, is that since it was a Friday seven days ago, then that means it’s a Friday today! So here are Five Links for you to read over this way too hot weekend.
1. Let’s start with something a little out of character for me: Poems. It’s no secret that I just don’t get poetry. So in effort to be fair and balanced, here are 8 Reasons Why Poetry Is Good for the Soul.
2. Are you a good writer? Here is One Skill that Will Take Your Writing from Good to Great by Kelly Exeter at Copy Blogger.
3. How Long Should Your Novel Be? It depends on a lot of things, including genre and target audience age. Click on the link and allow Victor Salinas to tell you more.
4. While often necessary, including backstory in your story can often lead to many pitfalls and even damage your story. Angela Ackerman has some good ideas on How To Deliver Critical Backstory Using The Setting, in her guest post at Writers in the Storm that might help you solve that backstory problem.
5. You don’t have to be a genius to write a genius. Here is a post by J.S. Morin on How to Write Genius Characters.
Hey, hope you like these links, hope you have a great weekend, and–most importantly–hope you write a lot!