It’s time again for Five Links Friday. I hope you stay indoors this weekend and read some good stuff. Why not start with these…
1. Here’s a link to a YA Book Proposal contest with a $1000 prize at Publishizer.com. The contest closes July 31, so there is still time to submit. Give it a look: Plot Without A Cause.
2. I’ve never written an autistic character; I just don’t personally know enough about the condition to do it properly. But articles like this one by Fiona Quinn and Benjamin Hall can help: Diversity in Our Characters: An Adult Living with Autism.
3. Here’s a great post on The Science in Your Science Fiction: Time Travel by Melanie Marttila on DIYMFA.
4. I don’t do anything on Instagram, but maybe I should start? Here are 35 Ideas to promote your book on Instagram by L.M. Durand.
5. Finally, here is Lauricia Matuska asking Writer’s Conferences: Are They Really Worth It? (For the record, I say yes, they are usually worth every penny.)
And that’s it for this week. The summer is going by way too fast, so really try to slow down and enjoy things for the rest of the month. Have a great weekend, and if you’ve got any articles worth sharing, feel free to leave them in the comments section!