Holy Moly, it’s like a million degrees out there. Let’s just read this stuff and write some stuff and hope we can survive it.
1. You know, I’ve never considered pursuing an MFA and really don’t know how useful they are at helping you get published. I suppose the program could help build contacts, at the very least. Here is an article by Jane Friedman with 3 Myths About the MFA in Creative Writing to help answer some of the questions.
2. Don’t submit your short story before it’s ready. Here is an article by Zed Amadeo at Almond Press with 5 Questions to Ask BEFORE Submitting Your Short Story.
3. This is interesting. Nathaniel Scharping at Discover Magazine takes a look at 6 Story Arcs Define Western Literature, Data-Mining Study Reveals.
4. Derek Haines asks Damn! Why isn’t anyone buying my book? in a post with some tips on marketing your self-published book.
5. Platform, platform, platform. Bryan Hutchinson gives us the other side of the story with Platform Schmatform! Writing Success Without the Stress in his post at Positive Writers.
Hey, have a great weekend, and send some prayers this way as I keep working on those edits of novel # 2.