1. A pitch sessions can be one of the most important and frightening things a new writer can do. Here is an article that can help ease the pain by Lisa Katzenberger at Writer’s Digest: 4 Questions Agents Ask Writers at Pitch Sessions.
2. I don’t include guns in my fiction too often, mostly because I’m so ignorant about the topic that I get scared the writing will just sound phony. Fortunately, this article by Benjamin Sobieck has some great info on the topic: Writing About Guns: 10 Errors to Avoid in Your Novel.
3. According to Joe Bunting at TheWritePractice, Every Story Has a Tipping Point. I’d modify that to say Every GOOD Story Has a Tipping Point.
4. Joe Friedlander has an interesting post, Making the Leap from Blogger to Book Author. I wonder how many authors have a blogging background (and vice versa.)
5. Finally, check out Briana Mogran’s youtube video, 23 Things I’ve Learned About Writing.
Have a great and safe Fourth of July!