It’s the end of a crazy, emotional, and yet awesome week, as 4yo started preschool, and 6yo started kindergarten. Both kids are still in one piece and neither one of them cried, so thank God for that. (I, however, will have to plead the fifth on the crying part.) So now, onward to Five Links Friday!
1. Let’s start with a great article at NowNovel providing 6 parallels between Writing romantic scenes and fight scenes. Considering I’m just about as bad at romance as I am at fighting, I found this article particularly useful 🙂
2. Rebecca Thorne has some positive advice, saying If You Think You Might Never Get a Literary Agent… Read this. I think she’s right. Just have to make sure you’ve got a book done though.
3. And if you are trying to get that book done, J.J. Burry has a great post with 5 Steps on the Journey to the First Draft.
4. Here are dozens of printable checklists and tip sheets from One Stop For Writers.
5. And finally, here’s an article on why past tense is almost always better than present tense by Harvey Chapman at Novel Writing Help. And I agree 100%.
That closes out this week. If I can shake this cough in the next 24 hours, I’ll have a new podcast up this weekend. Otherwise, I’ll be back Monday with more of the usual, so until then, have a great weekend, and don’t forget to wear your eclipse glasses.