And it is Friday. And let’s not waste this weekend, folks, because I have so much writing stuff to do, it’s almost like I’m not doing this for a hobby anymore. (That’s a joke, btw. I haven’t treated this as a hobby for nearly a decade. I view writing as a second other full-time job, only this one doesn’t pay me.)
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you…
1. …do the fandango? The Self-Publishing Fandango. Click on over to Mythic Scribes to read all about Navigating the Self-Publishing Fandango by Cate Morgan.
2. Brand, brand, brand. Platform, platform, platform. I keep harping on it, because it IS important. Here’s an article by Rachel Thompson at Bad Redhead Media worth checking out: Branding 101 For Authors: What you Need to Know.
3. Here’s another great article at The Write Life. 5 Common Plotting Mistakes to Avoid When You’re Writing a Novel by Janice Hardy could have actually been called “Five things Jason did in the current novel he’s working on.” Fortunately, it is getting cleaned up.
4. So what are 7 Things You Must Stop Doing If You Want To Be A Professional Writer? Check out this post by Lucy V Hay at Bang 2 Write. I have most of these down, except for # 6.
5. Finally, check out The 5 Most Common Mistakes Writers Make When Seeking Book Reviews by Gisela Hausmann at Live Write Thrive. I know I could definitely use some help seeking book reviews, considering I have exactly zero.
And on that happy note, let’s call it a week. I’ll spend the weekend working on revisions, drinking scotch, and, uh…I have a family in there someplace too 🙂 Enjoy the weekend and see ya soon!