I’m a little late with the post again, but that’s okay. I took the day off and spent the day at a local country fair with the kids. Had a great time and 2yo got to see a giant bunny. And with that said, here is this week’s collection of Five Links Friday!
1. Derek Haines asks “Are you making silly social media mistakes?” in the context of rushing to get your post out there before checking for simple grammar or spelling errors. I am so guilty of this…
2. Becca Puglisi has a great post on Jami Gold’s blog on 7 Tips for Using the Trait Thesauri.
3. For the parents out there, here is an article in the New York Times on What Parents Can Do to Nurture Good Writers.
4. Here’s an older post on diyMFA that is still worth a read for the slow writer: Writer Under Deadline: Add Speed to Your Writing.
5. One of the things a lot of us struggle with is writing action. Fonda Lee has an article on Writing Action and Fight Scenes at Writers Digest with some good tips.
That does it for another week. I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer and make some great progress toward reaching your writing goals this weekend.
These were the best articles I read this week about writing. What were yours? Feel free to share in the comments section!