And, we’re back for another Five Links Friday. I had this scheduled to go up earlier, but had a couple of technical problems last night and needed to restore the site from backups. That meant I also lost yesterday’s post. Doh.
Oh well, it could be worse. Here’s some reading about writing for ya. Enjoy!
1. From Ryan Lanz, here are 10 Commonly Misused Words in Writing. I always laugh at # 7, and of course # 1. Give it a click.
2. Here’s another list of 10 from Derek Haines Just Publishing, 10 Tips & Tricks To Improve Your Writing. This is especially useful info for new writers.
3. For those of us who often lack proofreading skills, here is The Proofreading Technique That Will Change Your Life from The Write Practice. It’s simple and obvious, but totally true.
4. Writer’s Relief has an article with 5 Signs Signaling It’s Time To Make A Change In Your Writing Life and what to do about them.
5. Finally, from CreateSpace Community, here is a nice article on How to Write an Effective Book Description. I know whenever anyone asks me what my book is about, my usual response is “Uhhhhh.” In other words, being able to come up with an effective description of your book is a good thing.
That’s it. Have a great weekend, and get some writing done!