And we are back with another edition of Five Links Friday. Had a roller coaster week at the day job, but I think things have settled down and it’s mostly back to business as usual, with the potential of some new opportunities arising.
Also, on a totally cool note, this is our 500th post! Such fun. Since starting this site, I’ve been blessed with two more kids (that makes four, for those of you counting at home), signed a book deal for Holy Fudgesicles, and started the podcast. It’s been a fun couple of years.
So now onto the links…
1. Let’s start with a post by Oren Ashkenazi at Mythcreants with Five Tropes That Make a Villain Look Incompetent.
2. If you plan to self-publish, here are 7 Insider Tips You Need to Learn from Self-Pub Pros by Sarah Juckes at Bad Redhead Media.
3. Are you stuck on semi-colons? Here is an article by Jesse Stuart to help you out: Shocking Semi-Colons.
4. Jeff Elkins at The Write Practice asks, “Is a Funeral the Perfect Setting for Your Story?” in this thought-provoking post.
5. Let’s close out with a post by Dean Wesley Smith from a few years ago that still rings true today: Killing the Top Ten Sacred Cows of Publishing.
And that is all for now. I should be back next week with a more normal-ish schedule. See ya soon, and have a great weekend!