Hey, it’s fall!! It’s also the end of another successful week. Had some good writing stuff going on this month so far and it will only get better from here. Here are another 5 Links for you to read this weekend. Enjoy!
1. Editing is hard. And you can miss so much when you self-edit your own work. Here is a post by Cathy Presland at Author Unlimited giving us The 10 Worst Self-Editing Mistakes That Writers Make, And How To Avoid Them.
2. The RMFW Colorado Gold Conference was this month and the NWG Fall Conference is next month. I might seem all conferenced out, but there is always more to learn. So for those of you attending, here is a post looking at Conferencing for Introverts by Angela Ackerman a Writer’s Digest.
3. Hooking your reader is so important. Janice Hardy has a guest post on Elizabeth Spann Craig’s site with some tips on how to Keep Your Readers Hooked by Dropping the Right Clues.
4. You know, I’m not the biggest fan of Bruce Springsteen’s music. But I can certainly appreciate the level of success he has achieved by applying his talent and working his ass off. Here are 7 Inspirational Lessons for Writers from Springsteen’s Dancing in the Dark by Gary McLaren at Writers Unplugged.
5. Finally, let’s end with an older post, but one that is still worth a read. Mark Fowler of Rights of Writers gives us some Differences Between Plagiarism and Copyright Infringement.
And on that sobering note, let call it a day. Hope you have a great weekend and let’s all promise each other to make some serious progress on our respective WIPs.