Hey, it’s Friday the 13th and I can’t think of a better day than today to bring back Five Links Friday! So let’s go with a horror/suspense theme just to celebrate the day.
1. Brian Rella at The Write Practice asks Are You Writing with a Fear Filter? in his guest post about confronting your fears and using them in your fiction.
2. Having trouble coming up with a great scary story? Then you should check out Seven Spine-Chilling Ways to Write an Unforgettable Horror Story by Anthony Ehlers at Writers Write.
3. Sometimes coming up with the idea is the easy part and the hard part comes in putting that idea on paper and giving your reader a truly terrifying experience. If you struggle with that, never fear. The Write Life has all the answers you need in How to Scare the Heck Out of Your Readers by Philip Athans.
4. Thrillers and horror can often go hand in hand. If you are considering writing either, you should first read Five Tips for Writing a Psychological Thriller by A. J. Banner at Manhattan Book Review.
5. Well, we had horror and thrillers, so why not suspense? Here are some Tips to Help You Start Writing a Suspense Story by Anup Patwardhan at Buzzle.
That’ll do it for the week. I think I’ll bring this back as a regular feature to the blog as well. And if you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out the latest episode of the podcast, where we talk about Five Writing Myths.
Have a great weekend and see ya soon!