Hey, it’s the final Friday before Christmas. I’d say something about the kids being sick, but why repeat myself? Here are the best articles I read about writing this week (especially that last one 🙂 )
1. Let’s start with more great marketing tips from Rachel Thompson at Bad Redhead Media. 10 Tips To Up Your Book Marketing Skills Right Now has some great advice for those of us who need to get better at marketing. And yes, I know we all hate it, but it comes with the job.
2. Here’s a nice article on character growth by Angela Ackerman at Elizabeth Spann Craig’s site: How to Show Your Character Is Beginning to Heal.
3. An Invaluable Writing Lesson from John Steinbeck (from medium.com) gives us a look at how to overcome fear as a writer.
4. Here’s another good one by Kate Coe at Almond Press on thing you should look out for in your first five chapters: How to Write-First Five Chapters.
5. Finally let’s close with a tiny bit of shameless self-promotion, as here’s an interview I did with Jim Harrington at “Six Questions For…” Give it a look!
That does it for another week. I’ll have a podcast posted either tonight or tomorrow, so look forward to that, and until then, I hope you have a great, stress-free, pre-Christmas weekend.
Got any links to share? Post ’em in the comments!