Onto 5 links…
1. Sometimes it seems like the only what to make it writing is to quit the day job. But how many of us are ready to take that frightening leap? Heather Jackson at WriteOnSisters has a great post looking at that: Writers: Should You Quit Your Day Job?
2. I’m still on the fence of the usefulness of a mailing list. Janalyn Voigt answers the question: Should You Build an Author Mailing List?
3. Need tips on getting published in magazines? Then you should check out this post by John Haggerty.
4. Have trouble hooking your readers? Yeah, me too. Here’s an article b Ryan Lanz with some good advice: 4 Puzzle Pieces to Hook Your Readers
5. Finally, here’s somewhere we’ve all been, along with some advice on how to deal with it from Jennifer Garam: How to Keep Writing When No One Gives a Sh*t
That closes out the week. Have a great weekend and if you haven’t already, be sure to take fifteen and check out the lasted episode of The Write Good Books Podcast: Creating Effective Dialogue.