Hey, it’s time once again for Five Links Friday. Enjoy!
1. I’ll admit that memoirs are totally not my thing. But if writing a memoir is the thing for you, be sure to check out this interesting post on How to Write a Memoir from reedsy.com.
2. I’ve always said that building empathy for your protagonist is one of the most important tools of character development. Here’s a post by J. Douglas Burton on that very topic: Empathy with the Protagonist.
3. Having trouble coming up with some new idea? Check out this post on wow-womenonwriting.com by Nicole Michelle for 5 Ways to Find New Writing Ideas.
4. Don’t let your story sag in Act 2. Check out Keep the Heavies in Motion by Steven Pressfield.
5. I always say your writing should be authentic. There’s nothing I’m worse at then writing authentic romance (and NO I don’t write romance, but nearly every work of fiction has elements of romance.) Anyhow, here’s a post by Zoe M. McCarthy with some tips on how to Show Love Without Saying “I Love You”.
And that’s it for the week. We’ll have a new podcast up this weekend, and I swear I’ll be back to a regular schedule this month 🙂