Whoa, the weekend is almost here. I had a super-duper productive writing week, and I hope you did too. And if not, that’s okay. You’ve got a few more days to catch up. But first, take a break and check out Five Links Friday for some inspiration!
1. I think it’s safe to say that anyone who writes want to find success doing so, regardless of how they choose to measure it. Here a great, common sense list of 5 Key Ingredients for Writing Success by Georgina Roy at e-booksindia.com.
2. Wow. Read this: The Dark Side of Entrepreneurship That Nobody Talks About. As writers, we are entrepreneurs, whether we know it or not, and in this article, Michelle Nickolaisen says a lot of things that need to be said.
3. Well, this is interest…Want to Become a Better Writer? Copy the Work of Others! by Brett & Kate McKay at artofmanliness.com.
4. I’ll tell you this: One thing I am just awful at is promoting my stuff. A hype machine I am not, which is probably part of the reason my first book launch mostly fell flat. For those of you out there that have the same problem, here are 10 Steps to a Successful Book Launch by Heather Webb at writersinthestormblog.com.
5. Nothing happens overnight. Here is Victoria Schwab sharing her story of becoming an overnight success…after writing for nine years: On the slow pursuit of Overnight Success.
And that closes out this week. Have a great weekend and don’t waste a minute.