Hey, it’s long weekend for…to be honest, I don’t even know. But let’s celebrate anyway! Here are five links for ya.
1. Let’s start with a post by Rachelle M. N. Shaw at 10 Minute Novelists on How to Use Showing vs. Telling Effectively.
2. Adam Hughes at The Moonlighting Writer has a post with a read on how to Nuke Writing Obstacles to Reach Your Dreams. Best quote: Life Doesn’t Want You to Write. I’ve never seen a statement with more truth than that.
3. Here is a post on something we’ve all got to deal with at one time or another: Book Marketing Woes. This post by Shannon A. Thompson has some pointers.
4. In this world where EVERYTHING is rushed, here’s a post by Elizabeth Spann Craig with some words on How to Slow Time for More Relaxed, Creative Writing Sessions.
5. Worldbuilding is hard. Here are 3 Steps to Building Your Story World by Janice Hardy.
So that’s it for this week. And if you’ve got nothing going on this during this three-day weekend, why not write some flash fiction and see how it does in our Halloween Flash Fiction contest over at Theme of Absence?