Here are five writing links to check out over the weekend.
1. Dylan Hearn has a really good article looking at 5 Self-publishing Truths Few Authors Talk About. If you’re self-publishig, or thinking about self-publishing, you should read this one.
2. This is interesting. Mike Swift at Writer Unboxed shows how his list of Six Things Every Writer Needs to Succeed are different (and much more important, imo) than what you might think.
3. Here is an awesome article from Hugh Howey laying out some of the pros and cons of self-publishing: Sky Gazing | Hugh Howey
4. “Where do your ideas come from?” is one of the most common questions people ask writers. It can also be one of the most frustrating, because most of us don’t have an answer to answer it. Here are some other writers’ answers to that question from Summer Wier’s blog: They Said It Best: Where Do Writing Ideas Come From?
5. And to close out this week’s list, here is an interview with author C. C. Finlay, who has taken over as editor of Fantasy & Science Fiction. Great insight from the new editor of a great magazine: The new editor of F&SF…
Enjoy the weekend and if there are any links about writing you’d like to share, post them in the comments section.