Five Links Friday.
1. Check out 4 Key Ways to Ramp Up Tension and Pacing in Your Fiction from C. S. Lakin’s blog. Tension an pacing often go hand in hand, so there’s a lot to learn from this post.
2. Ben Schmitt has a nice post at NowNovel, 11 tips: How to write even when you don’t want to. Don’t wait for inspiration. Grab it, or you’ll never get there.
3. Victoria Grefer has a post worth reading over at Creative Writing with the Crimson League: One Type of “Small” Edit That Makes A HUGE Difference In Your Writing.
4. Here are Eight Myths about Science Fiction and Fantasy care of Haris A. Durrani for the SFF writers out there. It’s a difficult genre to write, so take heed.
5. And for the horror writers, here are 10 Great Places to Visit for Dark Tourism. Awesome, fun stuff. I need to visit at least all of these places 🙂
And that closes out this week. Have an incredible weekend, and if you’re in the Omaha area, you should really check out this year’s OSFest8. There will be a ton of panels for writers and like I said earlier this week, I’ll be participating in a few of them. So stop by and say Hi!