Well, here it is Friday already and it looks like I forgot something…I forgot to blog this week! The standard excuses are family illnesses, the day job, and working on the novel revision. FWIW, the revision is coming alone fairly well 🙂
But enough about me. Here is another Five Links Friday post for you to enjoy this weekend!
1. Here’s a somewhat controversial post by Derek Haines at Just Publishing Advice asking the question: Why Does Amazon Now Own The Ebook Market? His answer: Because its competitors are totally inept! Read the full post and judge for yourself.
2. For the new writers out there, here is an interesting idea. Check out these 17 Fantastic Writing Fellowships for Authors, Journalists and Poets by Rebecca McCray at The Write Life.
3. No one is an overnight success. And nothing comes easy. However, Sarah Callender has some inspirational words for you in her post at Writer Unboxed, Enduring the Long Road to Publication.
4. For those of you looking for an agent, here is Reddit thread by a reader for a literary agent. Lots of good info there…
5. Have you ever toyed with the idea of starting a web comic? I have, but fortunately, I have no artistic ability, so I don’t run the risk of going down that rabbit hole. Anyhow, let’s close out this week with a really interesting post by John M. Haley at Mythic Scribes on the topic of web comics: What I Learned from Starting a Web Comic…and Stopping.
That’ll do it for this week. I’m not a big Olympics guy, but I’ll admit that watching Michael Phelps tonight was almost surreal. The guy is a machine and watching someone who is the best in the world at what they always serves as an inspiration to me. And with that said, have a great weekend and I’ll be back next week with some new stuff, including another episode of the podcast.