Holy Moly, it’s the first Friday of November. For you NaNoWriMo-ers out there, you can’t go to bed tonight unless your word count is 6,668. So if you don’t hit all of these links today, I’ll understand 🙂 But for the rest of you out here, it’s time again for Five Links Friday!
1. In the spirit of NaNoWriMo, it’s very possible that your first draft won’t be 100% perfect. Never fear! Here are 9 Ways You Succeed When Your First Draft Fails by Greer Macallister at Writer’s Digest.
2. For the freelancers out there, here is an article by Kirsty Stuart at freelancewritersonline.com on How to Make Your Writing Search Engine Friendly.
3. M.L. Keller has an article on how to Use Conflict to Propel Your Story Forward that is worth a read, especially if you find your plot stuck in the middle and going nowhere.
4. Here is something we should all remember: Your First Act is not a plot device. Read the article by Mikhaeyla Kopievsky for some good advice on how your first act should look.
5. Since it’s a new month, lets close out with a post that’s not necessarily writing-related, but an article on overall success, which is something we can all learn from. Check out 9 Nighttime Routines of the Mega-Successful by Elle Kaplan at inc.com.
That will do it for this week. Have a great weekend. Get some reading done. Get some writing done. Enjoy the weather. Watch some football. And don’t let yourself get too worked up over the election this weekend.