It’s Friday and it seems we’ve skipped Fall, Winter, and Spring, and are already back to the near 100 degree temps of Nebraska weather. And I despise it.
Here are Five Links for you to read while you’re staying indoors and avoiding the sauna outside.
1. Let’s start with a grammar lesson and a look at present perfect tense by Derek Haines.
2. ML Keller has a great post on How to avoid info dumping in dialogue.
3. My biggest mistake about getting Holy Fudgesicles published was not having a marketing plan. And getting reviews is one of most important parts of that. Check out this post by C. Hope Clark on getting reviews: Do Unto Other Authors: Review A Book.
4. Here is a Character Traits Shake-Up Game and Character Generator Resource that is good for not only helping kids learn to be creative, but also help the grown-up writers develop their characters.
5. Finally let’s close with 7 Things I’ve Learned So Far by Nancy Kress at Writer’s Digest. These are also 7 things we all can learn.
And just like that, this week is over. I hope you all have a great, drama-free weekend and get lots of writing done. See ya soon!