Here is some stuff to read about writing. Give it a look and then get to work!
1. Let’s start on a positive note. Queries and rejections. Okay, maybe not so positive, but if you arm yourself with information it doesn’t have to be a negative as you might think. Checkout out 9-Step Query Letter Formula Plus How To Act While You Wait For Rejection from Sydney Scrogham.
2. Do you write action scenes? If you, you should read this interview with Nicholas Petrie at Writer’s Digest: Crafting Action For Thrillers
3. Having trouble writing villains? Try something new. Here are 7 Types of Villains to pick from by J.S. Morin.
4. While we’re on the subject of villains, sometimes they work best when they’re subtle. Check out 5 Ways to Hide Your Villain In Plain Sight by Kaitlin Hillerich at Ink and Quills.
5. Finally, while it’s no secret that I’m more of a pantser than a planner, and starting with a complex outline has never worked well for me, I totally respect (and often use) a three-act structure. Here is a post from Mythic Scribes with a detailed look at that: Big Picture Story Structure – Three-Act Structure
And another week is in the books. Have a great weekend and don’t waste a minute of it.