The good news is tomorrow is the first day of October. The bad news is that today is the last day of September. It’s the end of a great month that went by way too fast. Here’s another Five Links Friday for you to read this weekend.
1. Let’s start of with a post from Chuck Wendig. His pleasant/humorous/rude/crude/blunt style might sometimes get in the way of his point, but it doesn’t matter in this post. There are so many things every aspiring writer who “just can’t finish that book” needs to read in this post: Here’s How To Finish That Fucking Book, You Monster.
2. Shannon Gibney has a post at Writer’s Digest sharing 7 Things I’ve Learned so Far on the Path to Publication that has a lot of good and inspiring info for you.
3. So I’m still on the fence about whether or not I’d ever consider self-publishing, but it definitely works for some people. Check out this older post by Roz Morris: I self-published – should you too? for her story and whether or not self-publishing is right for you.
4. Do you ever have trouble creating well-developed characters? I know I sure do. Try out The Ultimate Character Building Toolkit by Angela Ackerman.
5. Finally, with October just one day away, November is right around the corner. If you’re going into NaNoWriMo this year, don’t go unprepared. Here are 9 Steps to Build a Strong Plot from the NaNoWriMo people themselves to help you prepare for the annual contest.
And that once again closes out the week. I’ll be back tomorrow with a little progress report and update, so check back then. And have great weekend!