Another busy week is in the books. And speaking of books, I started listening to the first book of Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series in the car. I haven’t read that type of fantasy in decades, and so far it’s not too bad. I’ll give it a chance for a couple of books and see if it can keep my attention.
Here’s another Five Links Friday for your enjoyment 🙂
1. Let’s start with an eye-opening post by name at Writer Unboxed looking at Envy, Perfection, and the Work of Writing.
2. If you’re seeking a traditional publisher, you’ll need to know how to write a synopsis. Here is A Cheat’s Guide to Writing a Synopsis to help you out by Sarah Juckes at Writers Helping Writers.
3. Are you getting stuck? This post by Kate Coe at Almond Press lists Five Show-Stoppers that can get in the way of your writing and how to get around them.
4. Here’s an older, but very relevant post by Janice Hardy on Cutting Down Your Word Count.
5. Finally Rachelle Gardner’s blog has a great post on what to ask When an agent calls. Let’s hope this is something we can all use soon.
So that’s it for the week. Due to real life getting in the way (and a Windows update that took my computer down for over an hour last night), I’m a bit late with the next WGB Podcast, but it will be up this weekend, so check back soon and in the meantime get some writing done!