It’s Friday night and starting another round of snow out here in Omaha land. Never fear; here are Five Links to get you through the weekend.
1. Let’s start with a common problem. The problem of not having your first draft written. Fortunately, for those of us suffering from that problem, here is Victoria Griffin with 5 Ways to Get Your Draft Written.
2. For the bloggers out there, Lisa Brown has a good post on What Are SEO Stop Words And How To Avoid Using Them over at Just Publishing Advice.
3. Savvy Authors has a great post on How an Editor Knows Your Book Isn’t Ready After the First Chapter by Meg LaTorre. It’s tough getting that first page or chapter right, but this post certainly has some thing to avoid.
4. Here’s a post by Jane Friedman with an important note: The Essential First Step for New Authors: Book Reviews, Not Sales.
5. Finally, check out this post on The Write Life by Blake Atwood, with 10 Ways to Stay Sane During the Book Editing Process.
And that’s it for another week. Have a great weekend, and get some writing done!